**TECHNICAL NOTE: For best results, forms should be opened and filled out using the Adobe Reader program. Forms do not fill correctly if they are completed within the Google Chrome browser. We recommend using Internet Explorer to complete the process.
Please download and electronically complete the form listed below. Your application will remain on file for 120 days. We will contact you when/if more information is needed.
Once the form is filled out in entirety and saved to your computer, you will need to USE THIS LINK to submit the document. We will respond within 72 hours. NOTE that applicants for 911 Telecommunications may extend beyond the 72 hour period.
The forms listed below will need to be brought to your initial interview printed and completed. Any section that requires a notary will be notarized at your initial interview. Your application will remain on file for 120 days. We will contact you if more information is needed.
- Release of Authorization Form
- Background Questionnaire
- Employment Disqualifiers
- Personal History Statement (updated Jan. 2021)
Before you attend the initial interview, you will need to bring all required documents listed on the Applicant Checklist below.
APPLICANT CHECKLIST – The following items will be required at initial interview.
- Copy of certified Birth Certificate
- High School Transcripts (must be sealed) or Diploma
- Copy of SS Card and NCDL
- Certified Criminal History from counties in which you have lived
- Credit History Check from Equifax
- Proof of no taxes owed in Brunswick county if a resident
- BLET Certification or DOCC Certification (if applicable)
- Military Record Request, DD214 & Discharge Certificate