The Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office is looking for the best and brightest individuals – those who have the aptitude and sense of commitment – those who want to help their community, and who want to make a difference. A career with the Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office offers challenge, excitement, variety, teamwork and job satisfaction, opportunities for special assignments and career development, opportunities for promotion, and excellent salary and benefits. Click here to begin the application process.
The Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office is currently accepting applications! In order to join the Sheriff’s Office, applicants are required to complete a number of steps in the hiring process. The steps vary according to classifications and can include a physical agility test, civil and/or departmental interviews, and a background investigation.
- DEPUTY SHERIFF
– Responds to and assumes initial control of crimes or incidents; determines need for additional personnel and/or supervisor. Performs general law enforcement duties as necessary, including but not limited to patrolling assigned areas of the County, checking residential and commercial properties for security, responding to public calls for assistance, maintaining order and public safety, processing crime scenes, apprehending and arresting criminal suspects and law violators, collecting evidence, conducting tests on persons suspected of DWI, participating in investigations, etc. Participates in special operations as needed, including but not limited to manhunts, surveillance, SWAT service, and undercover operations, evacuations, raids, ground searches and natural disaster operations. Prepares and obtains warrants and subpoenas in court cases; serves warrants, summonses and civil process as needed. Prepares cases for prosecution; provides court testimony as necessary.
- 911 TELECOMMUNICATOR
– Receives routine and emergency telephone calls and personal request for assistance concerning crimes, fire, animal control, home health, or general information concerning addresses and nature of problems. Operates equipment to maintain contact with law enforcement personnel and other law enforcement units; dispatches deputies to answer requests for assistance; receives and transmits information and messages. Operates equipment to maintain contact with various personnel in dispatching fire departments, rescue squads, police departments, social services, juvenile officers, wrecker services, Red Cross, highway patrol, and emergency management personnel. Operates Division of Criminal Information (DCI) terminal to send and receive messages regarding criminal histories, vehicle identification, NCIC hot files, missing persons, license plate records, driver histories, and query system for pawn shop transactions, and related work. Maintains an in-house computer database and communications logs and reports including the nature of calls, actions taken and the times involved; and generates reports for recovered or stolen property, missing persons, and residence checks.
18 years of age
High school diploma or equivalent
- DETENTION OFFICER
– The Detention Officer is responsible for the custodial work with the transportation, security, and supervision of the inmates in the detention center. The Detention Officer performs a variety of duties; direct supervision of inmates, desk duty, and transportation of inmates inside of the detention center. The Detention Officer works under the direct supervision of that employee’s shift or area supervisor. Detention Officers must be willing to work 12-hour rotating shifts which includes nights, holidays and weekends.
- Patrols the detention center, maintains head-counts of inmates, and maintains the security of gates and doors within and outside of the detention center.
- Answers the phone, files inmate folders and keep records of inmates’ visitation, showers, and other procedures.
- Processing new inmates, searching inmates, and collects property from inmates and advises all inmates of policies that govern their conduct while in the detention facility.
- Supervises the cleanliness of inmates, their quarters, the surrounding area, and their laundry.
- Assist in serving meals to inmates.
- Transports and escorts inmates to various locations
- Assist in controlling combative inmates
- Performs other duties and work as required
Click here to begin the application process.