A Concealed Gun Permit may be applied for online, at our Main Office in Bolivia, at our Leland Substation, or at our Calabash Substation.
Requirements to obtain a Concealed Permit:
- be twenty-one (21) years of age
- pass a criminal background check
- be a resident of Brunswick County and a resident of North Carolina for thirty (30) days
- be a citizen or naturalized citizen of the United States of America or a lawful permanent resident alien
- not suffer from any mental or physical infirmity which would prevent safe handgun handling and operation
- provide a valid N.C. driver’s license or other picture ID with current address provided by the state of North Carolina
- successfully complete a firearms training and safety course that has been designed by the North Carolina Criminal Justice Standards Commission
Effective December 1, 2015, North Carolina General Statute 14-404(e1) requires applicants to sign a release of court orders concerning mental health and capacity for pistol purchase permits (Click for .pdf release form).
If you have any questions regarding the Concealed Gun Permit application process, please feel free to call our Main Office at (910) 253-2734, our Calabash Substation at (910) 579-7030, or the Leland Substation at (910) 383-3352.
Gun Permit Fees
|Permit Type||Fee Amount|
|Original Concealed Gun Permit||$90.00|
|Renewal Concealed Gun Permit||$75.00|
|Duplicate Concealed Gun Permit||$15.00|
*Payment for Concealed Gun Permits may be made in the form of Cash only. You MUST show proof of residency and a Picture ID with correct address. No PO Box.
*Military Personnel must have Picture ID and form from Provost Marshal’s Office. (Army 1380 Form) (Air Force SL Form)