A Concealed Gun Permit may be applied for online, at our Main Office in Bolivia, or at our Calabash Substation.
Requirements to obtain a Concealed Permit:
- be twenty-one (21) years of age
- pass a criminal background check
- be a resident of Brunswick County and a resident of North Carolina for thirty (30) days
- be a citizen or naturalized citizen of the United States of America or a lawful permanent resident alien
- not suffer from any mental or physical infirmity which would prevent safe handgun handling and operation
- provide a valid N.C. driver’s license or other picture ID with current address provided by the state of North Carolina
- successfully complete a firearms training and safety course that has been designed by the North Carolina Criminal Justice Standards Commission
Effective December 1, 2015, North Carolina General Statute 14-404(e1) requires applicants to sign a release of court orders concerning mental health and capacity for pistol purchase permits (Click for .pdf release form).
Gun Permit Fees
|Permit Type||Fee Amount|
|Original Concealed Gun Permit||$90.00|
|Renewal Concealed Gun Permit||$75.00|
|Duplicate Concealed Gun Permit||$15.00|
*Payment for Concealed Gun Permits may be made in the form of Cash only. You MUST show proof of residency and a Picture ID with correct address. No PO Box.
*Military Personnel must have Picture ID and form from Provost Marshal’s Office. (Army 1380 Form) (Air Force SL Form)